The word “tithe” means “tenth, tenth part, or payment of tenth part.” Tithing is the practice of giving to the Lord 10% of your income. This is done to honor God for all of His provisions for us, to remind us that He is the ultimate giver and to teach us to trust Him. “A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the LORD; it is holy to the LORD.” (Leviticus 27:30) “The purpose of tithing is to teach you to put God first in every area of your life.” (Deut. 14:23)
- Every need of this ministry will be obtained through prayer. We may share our missionary vision with others and even make known to them the specific tasks that the Lord has laid on our hearts to do, but we may not raise support through prodding or manipulating our brothers and sisters in Christ. If this ministry is of the Lord, then He will be our Patron. If He is with us, He will direct His people to give, and we will prosper. If He is not with us, we will not and should not succeed.
- We will never enlarge or sustain this ministry by contracting debts. This is contrary to both the letter and the spirit of the New Testament. In secret prayer and God helping us, we will carry the needs of this ministry to the Lord and act according to the direction that He gives.
- We will not compete with other biblical mission agencies; but will use the resources that God has given to us to work in partnership with them. If the Lord directs, we will sacrifice our own goals and resources in order that other mission works may be helped and the Kingdom of God increased.
- The staff that is employed in this ministry and the missionaries on the field are worthy of their labor. They should be afforded that which is required to live with dignity and to demonstrate that the Lord is gracious to supply the needs of His servants. To neglect their welfare would give excuse for the ungodly to bring unjust accusations against the Lord, that He is either uncaring or unable to meet the needs of His servants. However, those whom this ministry supports shall not be given so much as to waste the Lord’s resources, acquire luxury, or live above those who so graciously give to the Lord’s work. To seek wealth, luxury, or ease of life in the ministry is to deny the call.
- We will not measure the success of this ministry by the amount of money given or missionaries supported. Rather, we will judge our usefulness to the Kingdom by our faithfulness to the Scriptures in doctrine and practice.
- Our Goal is not to enlarge ourselves or to become a key figure in the Great Commission but to be faithful and obedient stewards according to the grace that is given to us.